Today, we are getting a little personal here! I decided to share 10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me. So here we go!
1) I’m not a big fan of Pumpkin Spice… I know almost everyone adores Pumpkin Spice Lattes and pumpkin cupcakes and pumpkin this and that, but for some reason, not me. I like the Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins that Starbucks sells, and thats about it. I’m not even that big of a pumpkin pie fan. I love the day that Starbucks announces that the PSL has arrived! Not because of the latte, but because of what the latte represents. The arrival of fall!
2) I’m a huge Disney fan, which a lot of people probably already know. But more specifically, I am also huge Little Mermaid fan! Not only is an a beautiful story, but it also marks such a wonderful turning point in Disney Animation, especially with the musical genius of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken. The opening scene still makes me want to cry because it is so magically done! I think nostalgia also plays a role in my obsession. The year that it came out was the same year I had to have tubes surgically put into my ears and one of the results of being in the children’s hospital at such a crucial time meant that my aunts, uncles and my parents friends bought me presents from the vast collection of Little Mermaid merchandise. (Just think of all the “Frozen” stuff we see today!) I still have quite the collection (my mermaid counterpart would be so proud!) and have often thought of cataloging it all, at which point I decide I had better not. 🙂
3) When I was in college, I almost majored in Anthropology instead of Photography. I was fascinated by enthography and wanted to study other cultures and become a Visual Ethnographer. I still would love to photograph an archaeological dig, baby bonobos and the pygmies in Africa.
4) I have never donated blood. The thought of it makes me queasy and I have a hard time having blood drawn for the doctors.
5) I only had 2 wisdom teeth that I didn’t have taken out until last year. It was pretty rough, most likely because I was a little older than the average wisdom toothed removal age. I couldn’t eat for two weeks and I got pretty tired of mashed potatoes and milkshakes.
6) If I were to get a tattoo, it would probably be Harry Potter related. Or Disney.
7) I love Christmas and I always have. That probably isn’t too shocking, especially since my birthday is in December as well. But when I was a little girl, I thought it would be fun to work at a Christmas Tree Farm or as a Christmas Gift Wrapper at the mall. I still daydream about one day owning a tree farm! I think it would be so fun! Serving hot cocoa, have Santa there for photos and passing out candy canes would be such fun way to speed holiday cheer!
8) I have also thought it would be fun to own a children’s book store! There was the cutest one in my town when I was a kid and I’ve always thought it would be nice to have something like that for the next generations. Think, The Little Shop Around the Corner from You’re Got Mail, except not having to worry about Fox Books! I would have to already be rich so I wouldn’t have to worry about that! 🙂
9) I binge watch TV shows on Netflix and the characters become my friends. Most of the time my husband gets sucked in with me and then we will talk about the characters as if they are people in our lives… “Oh no, I hope Regina doesn’t do something stupid…” It also becomes our obsession until we’ve finished it. That is why we can’t start certain shows because I know we will get sucked in!
10) I collect American Girl Dolls, and by collect I mean I have only 6, but they live on a shelf in my bedroom and Eli covers them with a blanket when I am out of town for the evening. People think its creepy, but I love them!
This was a lot harder than I thought it would be! I feel like there isn’t that much about me that people don’t already know, so I hope you learned something interesting or weird about me! I would love to learn something new and interesting about you so please feel free to leave a comment!
PS Here’s a photo from one of my birthdays, I think I was eight years old… You can’t tell in this shot, but there is a big picture of Ariel on the front of my shirt! Why my parents let me have my portrait taken in a character tee is beyond me… See, what did I tell you? #obsessed 🙂